Harrison County Hospital offers an extended stay hospital program for patients who may require rehabilitation following a hospital stay, trauma, or surgery. The HCH Swing Bed Rehabilitation Program provides the same services as a skilled nursing facility within the healing environment of the hospital. Swing Bed care is provided by Registered Nurses, with physicians available on-site, as well as onsite radiology and laboratory services.
Who can benefit from the Swing Bed Rehabilitation Program?
- Patients who need rehabilitation or therapy after orthopedic surgery, like joint replacement
- Patients receiving IV therapy or wound care
- Patients needing to regain strength and mobility after an illness, injury, or surgery
Who is eligible?
Traditional Medicare Patients are eligible for the HCH Swing Bed Rehabilitation Program. HCH Care Coordination will work with you to determine your eligibility and financial responsibility.
Who is involved in your care?
Patients receive skilled evaluation, rehabilitation, and treatment services five to seven days per week, or as prescribed. Your care team includes:
- Transitional Care Physician
- Care Coordination: Care Coordinators will ensure a smooth transition to the Swing Bed Program. They will be involved during the duration of your stay.
- Rehabilitation: Your Rehabilitation Team will include physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and other rehabilitation services as needed.
- Registered Dietician: An on-site Registered Dietician will work with you to determine your nutritional needs, track your progress, make dietary recommendations, and provide education.
- On-Site Radiology & Laboratory Team
What to Expect
Our focus is improving your physical, nutritional, and medical condition. During your Swing Bed stay, hospital staff and medical staff will work together to create a treatment plan and health goals specific to your needs. The team will also work together to determine your discharge plan for returning home.
Other benefits include:
- Medical oversight by HCH Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses
- Nutrition Services
- Discharge Planning
- Visitors welcome!
- Private rooms with television and phone in a calm and healing environment
- Free WiFi
Let us help you get back in the Swing of things!
Contact us for more information (812) 738-7896